Tag The Longhorn Farmwife: Comfort food for uncomfortable days

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Comfort food for uncomfortable days

Ugh, the last few days have not been pleasant!  I had surgery on Thursday morning and it has knocked me down a few pegs.  I like to think I'm tough, but this one got the better of me....for now, but I'm going to get functional here very soon.  In the meantime, my pain meds are keeping me from making very rational thoughts, so instead of a post that may ramble on and make no sense by the end, I thought I would share one of the comfort foods I made myself and stuck in the freezer to enjoy while I'm laid up.  Yes, you read correctly, that I MADE MYSELF.  A stay-at-home-mom's job isn't for the weak of heart and no one else was going to make them so why not! 

These lemon cookies are delicious!  I put them all in the freezer in a Ziplock bag and just pull them out 5 or 6 at a time, let them thaw for a few minutes, and enjoy them with some hot tea.  Perfect! 

<a href="http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/the-cookie-jar/">Lemon Drop Cookies</a>

4 comments:

  1. Mmm… These look great! Can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon is one of my favorite flavors in sweets. Can't wait to try. Thanks for sharing on the Kansas Women Bloggers Sunday Link-Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been craving Lemon flavored sweets lately, strangely enough. These look so good and, well, comforting! Can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing with #SmallVictoriesSunday linky. These look fantastic! It's a great idea to freeze it and only take a few at a time. Way to help with portion control, cause I'd want to eat these all at once. Pinned to our linky board. Hope you join us again tonight, the new linky starts tonight!

    ReplyDelete